Dermal Filler treatments are used to:
- Plump facial features (lips, cheeks, chin, and other areas that lose volume as we age)
- Reduce deep lines (such as the deep grooves that run from your nose to your mouth)
- Smooth wrinkles that do not fully respond to Botox treatment
- Fill acne and chicken pox scars
- Restore facial symmetry (e.g., straighten the appearance of a mildly asymmetrical nose)
Dermal filler treatments are used to recontour the face by restoring volume to the cheeks, chin, lips and other areas that lose volume and definition due to the aging process.
The use of dermal fillers involves filling the dermis (the area just under the top layer of your skin) with naturally-occurring substances like hyaluronic acid, which plumps the tissues and gives a soft, natural looking result.
Similar to Botox treatment, pain from dermal fillers is manageable.
To further minimize discomfort, you may request that Dr. Fairweather provide medications (topical anesthetics, anti-anxiety medications) and/or perform nerve block procedures prior to your dermal filler treatments.
After the treatment process, you may have some mild swelling and bruising for a few days, but Dr. Fairweather will advise you on ways to mitigate these side effects.
With dermal filler treatment, you will notice an immediate softening of your face and a more youthful, refreshed appearance.
Often a single treatment with dermal fillers will achieve the desired result, and improvements typically last 6 to 12 months depending upon the product used (e.g., Restylane, Perlane, etc.).
Check out the Dermal Fillers FAQs for more information.